The CFA has over 250 Junior Brigades across Victoria. Young people aged between 11 and 15 years old can join CFA as junior members through the Junior Volunteer Development Program.
Junior Brigades provide a range of safe, enjoyable and challenging activities for young people.
- Cost: There is no cost to join and most activities are free. Some Brigades may organise optional fee-paying activities or excursions.
- Uniform: All junior members will receive their own polo shirt, hat and set of overalls.
- Age: Young people aged 11–15 can become junior members. When juniors turn 16 they can apply to become senior members of their brigade.
- Activities: May include team building, practical skills, fundraising, first aid, community service, sporting and social activities and excursions.
Junior Brigades are all about:
- Fun Friendship Belonging Volunteering
- Responsibility Challenges Teamwork Leadership
- Skill development Community spirit Commitment Firefighting skills
- Junior volunteers also participate in regular brigade activities such as presentation nights, brigade meetings and also have the opportunity to compete in junior firefighting championships.